Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re continuing our new series on the “Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
Each week, we’re giving you a close-up look at each of the eight factors that make up we call The FLOURISH Model. It’s the key to building a healthier workplace culture that leads to greater organizational impact.
Listen to the Audio
On the podcast, today, we look at the third of the eight drivers that make up The FLOURISH Model. We call it Outstanding Talent, and my guest has plenty to share with you about how Outstanding Talent is a critical driver to help improve—and even transform—your workplace culture.
Today we have the pleasure of talking with Peter Greer, President & CEO, of HOPE International, based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Peter, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
The ultimate measure of our success is not what happens while we’re there but what happens when we’re not there.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The importance of asking the question, “how can I help?”
- Mission first mentality: Being excited about an organization’s mission
- In April 2012, HOPE International took the BCWI Survey and had a flourishing culture
- How retirement plans affect employee engagement and developing a flourishing culture
- Others can do the job equally better and equally good
- The ultimate measure of our success is not what happens while we’re there but what happens when we’re not there
- Getting over the myth of our own importance
- Succession planning
- The benefits of a great internship program
- HR hiring practices are looking at a small number of things that cannot be trained: Attitude, Aptitude, Work ethic
- What does a “stay” interview look like?
- How to recruit and hire the best people
- The 2, 2, 2, model of mentoring
- Recruit well
- Delegate and celebrate
Discover HOPE International’s Resources
Order Peter’s Book: Rooting for Rivals
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Order Paul Stanley and J Robert Clinton’s book: Connecting: The Mentoring Relationships You Need to Succeed in Life
Read the Post
Read the blog post: How to Develop World-Class Talent
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.