Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re going to look at Uplifting Growth, which is the fourth in the eight drivers that can take the health of your workplace culture to the next level.
Uplifting Growth is all about improving the performance of individuals, groups and the overall organization
Listen to the Audio
My guest, today, knows Uplifting Growth inside and out. His character, leadership, and convictions are going to give you some fresh, new insights on how to improve and strengthen your own workplace culture.
With that, I want to welcome in one of the most popular guests on the podcast, Steve Brown, President of Arrow Leadership based near Vancouver, Canada but developing Christian leaders in both US and Canada.
My biggest leadership challenge is actually the guy I look at in the mirror every morning. How do I lead myself well?”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How high a value should leaders place on Uplifting Growth?
- A few of the biggest challenges going on inside today’s Christian leaders.
- The areas in which we see today’s leaders desiring to grow, but getting stuck, feeling discouraged, or perhaps not settling for the best or just plain giving up.
- Leading Me: Eight Practices for a Christian Leader’s Most Important Assignment by Steve Brown.
- Leading yourself well.
- It’s hard to lead others or an organization well, when you are spending time trying to deal with your own inner challenges.
- Leaders can become the bottleneck for their team/organization
- Personal leadership done well opens the door to more opportunities. People can depend on you, trust is the currency of leadership.
- Leaders cast both their light and darkness on an organization.
- The old adage: So goes the leader, so goes the culture is often very true.
- Five team leadership skills that really are non-negotiables.
- “Encouraging”—building team morale.
- “Developing”—growing individual and team capacity.
- The other three skills are Vision Casting, Recruiting, and Delegating.
- Download Steve’s PDF file with 150 encouraging words for FREE. http://www.arrowleadership.org/resources-encouraging/
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post:
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.