Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast! How can learning to model Jesus’ leadership serve to develop your own personal leadership? And can it help build an operating framework for your staff culture? Today we have the pleasure of talking with Phyllis Hendry, the President and CEO of Lead Like Jesus, who has helped hundreds of organizations and churches live out their ministry vision by re-sharpening their leadership focus.
Listen to the Audio
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to model Jesus’ leadership in your own organization
- Using the BCWI Employee Engagement Survey as a “full body scan” of your culture
- Leading a fantastic virtual team
- Lead Like Jesus’ Heart, Head, Habits Model: The heart is transformed, the head is informed, and so our behaviors change.
- Begin with your heart: How to align your intention and motivation. What are the barriers that keep us from leading like Jesus? How do we exalt God daily?
- Head: What leaders think, their mission, values, perspective on leadership, people and work.
- Being Habits: Cultivating foundational habits that allow us to be with the Father and be transformed by him.
- Doing Habits: Jesus practiced forgiveness, grace, encouragement and building community.
If we want our organizations to honor the Lord, we have to lead like him. Guard our own hearts, that we might FIRST be the people God would call us to be.
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about Lead Like Jesus: leadlikejesus.com
- Find Lead Like Jesus on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Find Phyllis on Twitter and LinkedIn
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.