Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
Today, our show highlights and organization that has been on the road to Flourishing. They have worked for several years now on their workplace culture and have moved to the level we call Flourishing. Yes, listen in as Robert Bortins, Jr. gives practical tips on improving Healthy Communication, Sustainable Strategy, and Life-Long Learning; all while building trust, unity, and commitment among his team.
Listen to the Audio
I want to begin our visit with a question you might already be asking: How can our organization help ensure the trust, unity, and effectiveness of our people during these uncertain times?
I know we all have some thoughts about the answer to this question, but today, we’re about to hear a powerful story of how one organization offers you a road map that turns the toughest challenges into success.
The man behind this amazing story is Robert Bortins, Jr., CEO of Classical Conversations in Southern Pines, North Carolina. Robert, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
The Bible tells us to do everything for the Lord, that includes running your business or your department and your household. Being a Christian is about to become a lot harder, but when we live out Biblical principles in the workplace we can overcome whatever this world throws at us.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Some very grounded, practical ways to discover what’s important and then grow your people so they and the entire organization can flourish (03:00)
- How the BCWI survey helped Classical Conversations to discover the specific things that were already going well and the things that needed to improve (04:38)
- EOS—Entrepreneurial Operating System. This is a set of tools that helps companies get better results by instilling greater focus, discipline, and accountability in how they run their business (04:46)
- How better workplace communication contribute to better customer outcomes with the families and students (7:37)
- Using the 5 Whys in Healthy Communication (08:31)
- Sustainable Strategy is the engagement driver and it’s all about the plan you and your leadership developed to achieve the organization’s vision and remedy the need of those you serve. Robert shares a story of how they’ve clarified their goals, met their goals, and have become more effective as an organization (09:48)
- Another huge area that boosted the health of their culture is what we call Uplifting Growth and Development. This is all about?improving the performance of individuals, groups, and the organization overall so they can meet the challenges of what’s changing in the world before us. Every leader and organization wants this. How did Classical Conversations do it? (14:41)
- How does Robert, as a CEO, as a follower of Christ, replenish his heart, and mind, and soul on a weekly or even daily basis? (16:00)
- The encouragement, challenge, or invitation Robert would give to leaders to grow, and develop greater trust, unity, and commitment as a team (17:55)
- Advice for any leader who’s wading through some sticky, unfinished business (19:47)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.