Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Several studies indicate the use of 360-degree feedback helps improve performance because it provides not just one perspective of a supervisor, but rather multiple perspectives needed to identify a leader’s strengths and areas to improve. No wonder there is universal agreement that 360-degree feedback is far more credible and valid than a single-rater system.
Listen to the Episode
At BCWI, we have developed a competency-based 360 Review for Christian leaders. Why? Because our engagement research proves that the Christian character of leaders is a key element of employee engagement and productivity in faith-based organizations.
Our guest today knows how true this can be for leaders and their organizations alike. As a leader of one of the best-known Christian colleges in the United States, he has leveraged the benefits of the 360 for his leadership team. Here to talk with us about 360 degree feedback is Todd Hubers, the Vice President of People, Strategy & Technology, and a member of the president’s cabinet at Calvin College.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why Calvin College chose to move to a 360 performance review system
- How character, competence and chemistry all work together in leadership success
- Calvin College’s implementation process using HR as the hub of communication
- Using the 360 to provide a review of a leader’s accomplishments, plan for development, and goal setting for the next year
- Developing a process for action planning based on 360 feedback
- How 360 reviews help with leadership development
Developing strong leaders is at the root of organizational success.
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about Calvin College: calvin.edu
- Find Calvin College on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Find Todd on LinkedIn
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: 4 Steps to Successful 360 Leadership Development
- Learn more about our competency-based 360 Review for Christian leaders
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.