Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
It’s a rare experience to be mentored by a leader who has a worldwide ministry, written books that have sold tens of millions of copies, and spoken to nearly 50 million people around the world. Today, Josh McDowell shares his secrets to finishing strong and leading a flourishing workplace.
Listen to the Audio
Josh McDowell has been at the forefront of cultural trends and groundbreaking ministry for more than 50 years.
In 1961, Josh joined the staff of Campus Crusade for Christ International. Not long after, he started the Josh McDowell Ministry, a ministry of Cru, the U.S. division of Campus Crusade for Christ International.
Josh’s ministry is all about reaching young people, worldwide, with the truth and love of Jesus.
As a speaker, Josh has addressed more than 46 million people in 139 countries. His landmark book, Evidence That Demands a Verdict was named one of the 20th Century’s top 40 books and one of the thirteen most influential books on Christian thought over the past 50 years by World Magazine.
The happier people are the harder they work. The more satisfied people are the more they give.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The story behind Josh’s book, Evidence That Demands a Verdict (03:36)
- What remains today as the most compelling evidence that resonates with people for the truth and life of Jesus? (05:52)
- Making use of technology in ministry (08:44)
- The focus of the individual with nowadays youth (10:02)
- The top epidemics in any country in the world has been loneliness, depression, mental illness, and pornography (10:35)
- Why does Josh McDowell Ministry have a flourishing culture? (12:33)
- “The happier people are the harder they work. The more satisfied people are the more they give.”(12:37)
- “It’s very important to always communicate back what’s happening as a result of your work.” (13:30)
- The effects of flourishing workplace culture at Josh McDowell Ministry (16:12)
- The link between having a healthy, even flourishing culture, and reflecting Christ to the world as a ministry. (18:38)
- The spiritual practices that lead Josh to live with integrity, humility, and transparency and create high levels of trust with his coworkers (21:45)
- Conscious awareness of Christ in everything (24:04)
- You’re never above being held accountable (29:21)
- “Always pursue a loving, intimate relationship with your spouse and spend time with your children” (30:31)
- Practice the presence of Christ (30:57)
- Where are today’s leaders thriving and growing–and where are they struggling? (32:15)
- When someone loves their pastor and their church they seldom go astray (34:40)
- The importance of listening and open communication in marriage (36:53)
- Advice for young leaders in the faith who want to finish well (39:05)
- Have the right kind of relationships (41:28)
Buy a copy of Josh’s book Evidence That Demands a Verdict
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.