Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Welcome to our season finale podcast reflecting on the 8 drivers that create engaged employees and a flourishing culture. For the past several months we have listened to dozens of leaders describe how they have helped create healthy workplaces. Listen in on our highlights with two of my esteemed colleagues, Cary Humphries and Giselle Jenkins.
You’ve heard the phrase, “We’ve saved the best for last.” Well, that’s never been more true than right now, because during the next few minutes you’re going to hear some of the very best stories and strategies to equip and inspire you to build a better, healthier workplace culture where your employees love coming to work, feel more engaged, are ever more productive.
Listen to the Audio
There’s so much good stuff here, that I’ve asked two trusted, expert colleagues. I think you’re going to love their insights and put their practical wisdom to work.
With me is Giselle Jenkins, BCWI Culture Consulting Director, and Cary Humphries BCWI Regional Director. Welcome, both of you.
It takes courage to get data on your organization.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The culture at Alpha USA
- What to do when new leadership steps into an organization
- What are focus groups and how can they help?
- Our biggest competitor is courage; it takes courage to get data on your organization
- Taking a survey is not about blame but about progress
- Facts are our friends
- Using video in cultivating employee engagement
- The culture at Trinity Church
- Four factors that contributed to Trinity’s culture: humility, trust, listening, and action
- The benefits of 360 leadership reviews
- What happens when your employees feel heard and understood
- The culture at Joni and Friends
- Four pillars of Joni and Friends: leading like Jesus, collaboration, helping individuals focus on competence, be a Certified BCW
- The culture at ACR Supply Company
- Results matter; God measures results and so should we
- The culture at 4KIDS
- Transparency and building trust with those around you
- Why collaboration works
- Prayer as fuel in a workplace
- The culture at Gateway Church
- The power of a social covenant in culture
- How to continue to build healthy culture after layoffs
- The importance of strategy and culture
- The culture at Southridge Community Church
- Experiencing the kingdom of God at work
- Two key things in moving forward with culture: believe your staff and don’t take the data personally
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Post
Read the blog post here: 3 Questions You Should Ask About Healthy Workplace Culture
Download The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.
Follow our Host
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on Twitter https://twitter.com/allopus
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/allopus/
Email our host at email@example.com