Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
An organization’s values effectively developed and communicated can have a dramatic impact on the effectiveness of your people and organization. Listen in today as Mike Sharrow of C12 talks about the importance of their culture and organizational culture overall.
Listen to the Audio
There’s a one-of-a-kind association for Christian leaders that can help you make better decisions, avoid costly mistakes, and create a solid plan for business growth. The chief executive of this organization is with me today, and over the next few minutes, I believe his message could take your culture to the next level.
The person I’m talking about is a leader I’ve come to know and admire. He’s Mike Sharrow, President, and CEO of C12. Mike, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
I believe the COVID world and all of the disruption of 2020 has reinforced the issue of workplace satisfaction as a strategic issue for talent retention and business performance..”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- A few highlights from C12’s Current 21 conference from Mike’s perspective (02:13)
- The dignity of a job is so important (05:27)
- The number of baptisms coming out of C12 organizations vs. churches in the same area (05:38)
- C12 is a centerpiece of deepening spiritual growth (07:42)
- “You replicate integration. You help a leader integrate their life with Christ.” (08:13)
- “I’m seeing leaders invigorated by a more abiding relationship with Jesus Christ and that changes everything.” (09:56)
- Our research at BCWI has shown us that organizations have noticed a lack of motivation and inspiration from their staff (10:07)
- “I believe the COVID world and all of the disruption of 2020 has reinforced the issue of workplace satisfaction as a strategic issue for talent retention and business performance.” (10:39)
- Where has Mike seen Christian leaders instill the organization’s mission in their people in a way that motivates and inspires employees to truly engage (12:41)
- “People are a part of the mission, not just a means to the mission.” (12:56)
- What are the possible consequences when organizations fail to motivate, inspire, and energize their people? (15:07)
- What are the two or three biggest outcomes of an employee who is motivated and inspired at work? (19:29)
- Engagement (which correlates to productivity), (19:34)
- Peer Motivation
- What is buffalo culture? (21:00)
- When there’s a storm, bison face the storm, they gather together and run into the storm (21:43)
- How to screen people and determine if they fit in buffalo culture (23:40)
- What’s one biblical, principled truth Mike would suggest senior leadership use to light the fire that can motivate and inspire its people to fulfill the organization’s mission? (27:18)
- What effective strategies and approaches should a leader wisely tend to, to raise up talent that can bear fruit? (30:56)
- A message to leaders whose tank is empty and yet feel they can’t afford to take their foot off the gas at work (32:30)
- Caring and compassion are one of the things that improve trust between senior leaders and employees (38:50)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.
Follow our Host
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on Twitter https://twitter.com/allopus
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/allopus/
Email our host at email@example.com