Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Here’s a question for you, how is it with your soul today? Has the current crisis preoccupied you to the point of clouding your relationship with God? Well, today I talk with an experienced spiritual, leadership coach, who will tell you exactly why nourishing your soul matters to your current and future leadership. Coming up, next!
Listen to the Audio
I’m very pleased to welcome in one of our most popular guests here, Steve Macchia, the Founder and President of Leadership Transformations, Inc. Based in Lexington, Massachusetts. Leadership Transformations is all about increasing the “attentiveness quotient” within individuals and their teams, helping them to become more aware of God’s presence and direction as he forms them more into the likeness of His son Jesus, who gives them discernment for the path ahead, and renews their strength as only He can.
As the soul of a leader goes, so goes the leader. During this pandemic, while trying to figure out what we can and cannot do, there’s a great need to care for the soul.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- “As the leader goes, so goes the organization” (02:57)
- Why are these words more important now than ever considering where we sit in the midst of a pandemic? (03:04)
- Leaders who are tending to their soul will be in a better position to help, to innovate, and to transition (08:44)
- Where things are healthy they grow and they change (12:20)
- “An inspirational leader says, this is our reality, let’s make the best of this reality” (15:42)
- What warning signs does a leader need to heed when their soul, their relationship with God is at risk? (16:16)
- Spiritual friendship is key (20:59)
- A good leader defines his/her reality (24:27)
- How does an employee’s spiritual vitality contribute to the organization’s wellbeing? (24:56)
- Something God-honoring that you can do to take care of your soul (30:23)
- How has Steve most encountered God in Scripture in this uncertain time? (36:54)
Buy Steve’s book: Broken and Whole: A Leader’s Path to Spiritual Transformation
Buy Steve’s book: Silencio: Reflective Practices for Nurturing Your Soul
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.