Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Leaders of Christian organizations are facing the most difficult challenges of their life as the result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, our podcast highlights two leaders who believe that the health of their culture is more important now than ever. Listen to the source of hope in their voices as they link survival with innovation, that’s all made possible by a flourishing culture.
You’re going to have to have a strong culture to face the future, particularly during this pandemic.”
Listen to the Audio
It’s my pleasure to welcome Executive Director Greg Mengarelli, Chief Operating Officer Joe Zizz of the United Christian Youth Camp, or UCYC, based in Prescott, Arizona. Thank you both for joining us here on the Flourishing Podcast.
You don’t have to be a genius to create healthy culture, it boils down to, celebrating the right things and refusing to tolerate the wrong things.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Where would your organization be if your workplace culture was suddenly toxic? (05:03)
- How does strong employee engagement help you respond to the COVID-19 pandemic? (07:01)
- What concerns led you to investigate your workplace culture? (09:14)
- What did you learn after surveying your workplace? (10:32)
- How open communication impacts employee engagement (14:04)
- How BCWI debriefs help leaders identify areas of strengths and areas for development (15:34)
- Organizations with toxic culture may not survive this crisis (20:56)
- You’re going to have to have a strong culture to face the future, particularly during this pandemic (21:09)
- Innovation is happening like never before (21:18)
- Creating healthy culture boils down to celebrating the right things and refusing to tolerate the wrong things (22:16)
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.