Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! What can leaders learn from “the greatest leadership role model of all time”? Our guest today not only coined that phrase, but is also best known as one of the most influential leadership experts in the world.
Listen to the Episode
Many of us also know Ken as a passionate conference speaker and co-creator of the Lead Like Jesus movement. Ken’s official title is the Chief Spiritual Officer of the Ken Blanchard Companies, a global firm that allows organizations to create results-oriented, people-focused leaders.
Who’s the greatest one minute manager of all time? Jesus.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why Ken chose the title Chief Spiritual Officer
- Ken’s role in pastoral transition in his own church
- Leadership = vision, direction and goals; Servant = helping people live according to the vision and values
- Jesus’ mission, vision and values
- How mission, vision and values should inform your daily activities
- The importance of feedback and receiving it well without defense
- How to stop Edging God Out (EGO) and operating from a place of pride and fear, and instead operate from a place of humility and God-grounded confidence
- Why Ken made a change to one of the practical secrets in The New One Minute Manager
Explore Additional Resources
- Find Ken on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Find Lead Like Jesus on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about Lead Like Jesus: leadlikejesus.com
- Learn more about Ken Blanchard Companies: kenblanchard.com
- Learn more in our blog post: Ken Blanchard on The Biggest Leadership Challenge of Our Day
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.