Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
Do you want to see your organization on a rapid path that is sustainable? Listen in to see how today’s guest has driven his organization unto the road to a flourishing workplace culture to build momentum for future impact.
Listen to the Audio
Trace Thurlby is President of The Global Orphan Project The Global Orphan Project exists to break the orphan cycle through the power of community, commerce, and the love of Jesus. Trace, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
The BCWI survey did two, main things: It showed us that we had a problem and it directed us to areas that our team said would be most effective in fixing it. Very targeted feedback…unbelievably valuable.‘”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- A story of lasting, life-changing transformation that shows why the Global Orphan Project is so important (01:50)
- What led the Global Orphan Project to survey their people? (05:39)
- Insights for moving from a less than Healthy workplace culture to Flourishing (07:00)
- “The BCWI survey did two, main things: (1) it showed us that we had a problem; (2) it directed us to areas that our team said would be most effective in fixing it. Very targeted feedback…unbelievably valuable” (09:29)
- Is it possible to make progress with culture during COVID? (10:58)
- How the Global Orphan Project made improvements with teams and with conflict resolution (13:43)
- The key to building trust within an organization (16:13)
- Momentum is one of the keys to employee engagement (19:13)
- Making progress with performance reviews (21:38)
- How to improve the middle layer of management (22:53)
- Tips and insights for leaders who want to recruit, hire, retain, and develop a high caliber team of leaders in uncertain times (24:41)
- The road to Flourishing: Discover, Grow, Flourish (26:29)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.