Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
In today’s Flourishing Culture Podcast, you’ll hear how our guest connects the dots of how listening, conviction, trust, and compensation have helped to build his multisite church’s healthy culture.
Listen to the Audio
One of my favorite guests is with us right now. Scott Wiggins is Director of Staff at Pinelake Church, a multisite church in Mississippi. At Pinelake, he focuses on the professional and spiritual development of staff members, leads their human resource team, and works closely with Pinelake’s personnel team and elders. I want to welcome back Scott Wiggins. Scott, thanks for joining us, again, on the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Many unforeseen things happened this year, and some of our plans needed to be modified, canceled or new ones developed, but God was way out in front of us preparing us to respond even when we lacked the experience and expertise to know what to do next.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- A picture of where God is moving at Pinelake Church (02:36)
- How does Pinelake’s culture contribute to the great ministry outcomes (03:33)
- How to deal with plateaus or the sense of feeling stuck in your workplace culture (05:12)
- The importance of listening to your staff and frontline employees (07:17)
- Scott’s grounded conviction and commitment to maintain and improve the health of Pinelake’s flourishing workplace culture (08:30)
- “My conviction is unrelenting, but a desire or conviction is powerless without a plan or strategy behind it.” (08:32)
- The trust between Pinelake’s leadership and staff is astronomical.? How to cultivate greater levels of trust especially in a pandemic (10:38)
- Keep the messaging simple (11:42)
- Assume the best and give grace (11:59)
- Where did Pinelake’s philosophy on compensation begin? How to develop pay satisfaction and retirement plan satisfaction among staff (12:41)
- Can innovation and experimentation with new approaches help you to face challenges in the workplace? (16:53)
- How accountability pays off the employee and the culture at large (19:53)
- How to respond to turnover in the workplace and growing retention (23:34)
- How leaders can stabilize and improve their workplace culture (26:12)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.