Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
Would you like to be led more by Jesus, live and lead more like Jesus, and lead more to Jesus? Today’s podcast is just for you.
Listen to the Audio
Sometimes in life, we can lose our wonder. It can happen gradually or overnight. In talking with many Christian leaders struggling through the past year, I hear about a lot of people being exhausted, tired, thinking about retiring early, even quitting. Some have described it as ‘the dark night of the soul’ where there has been an absence of the presence of God in our lives.
In the next few minutes, I want to give you a new kind of pathway so you can live more like Jesus—and perhaps renew the sense of His presence, especially in your work. And I’ve just the person to take us on this adventure.
Dr. Steve Brown, President of Arrow Leadership and author of a very timely, engaging book titled, Jesus Centered: Focusing on Jesus in a Distracted World. Steve, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Our organizations would benefit if we had a conversation about, how could we be led more by Jesus?”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- The heartbeat of Arrow Leadership (02:08)
- God polishing his leaders and preparing them for his purposes (02:25)
- “Why waste a good crisis when you’ve got one.” (05:01)
- How can we serve leaders in this season? That meant creating resources, prayer, pulling people together, encouraging leaders (05:13)
- There are so many distractions, our eyes are to be focused on Jesus (06:45)
- One of our eight drivers for a flourishing culture is Uplifting Growth. Being intentional about developing your people and teams is critical to this driver. In the book, you talk about going to the 100th birthday party of one of your mentors, Evon. (08:07)
- In your book, you go through the seven practices Evon lived out—which are very seven principles Jesus himself lived out. What are the first three of these principles? (09:44)
- Love, Pray, and Model (09:57)
- One big practical takeaway for leaders running through these first three principles? (13:47)
- The remaining four principles Jesus lived out (14:24)
- Perspective, Encourage, Teach, Empower (14:25)
- One sentence that brings all seven principles together (19:29)
- “You don’t need a Ph.D. to do them.” (19:33)
- How can leaders, how can everyone, apply this Jesus Centered perspective to cultivating a flourishing organizational culture? (20:09)
- Safe, Strech and Stress (22:22)
- “Being a Jesus Centered leader is not a book you read or a course you take, it’s really a lifetime pursuit. It’s an ongoing journey.” (29:18)
- “Leadership is often hard, it’s often lonely and it’s often tiring.” (30:36)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.
Follow our Host
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on Twitter https://twitter.com/allopus
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/allopus/
Email our host at firstname.lastname@example.org