Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
Are you looking at the possibility of exceptional growth in the next year? Listen in to today’s guest, that saw rapid growth in his organization while on the way to a flourishing workplace culture.
Listen to the Audio
If you’ve ever known the joy and challenge of raising a child, if you’ve adopted a child, or fostered a child, then the next few minutes are for you. I want to welcome in Ryan Stanton, Chief Executive Officer, for Compass, a very special organization based in Kearney, Nebraska. Ryan, I’m so glad to welcome you to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
With all the unknowns in the world, I knew I had to turn to something or someone who is constant. And that person is Jesus Christ.“
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- When Ryan became the co-founder of Compass, what was working and what wasn’t? (10:40)
- Compass started hiring about four years into their startup; they went from two employees to fourteen. (11:28)
- Compass went through a season of receiving disappointing comments from staff (12:08)
- Why Compass finally decided to do something about its workplace culture (13:04)
- How EOS helped Compass dig into its mission, vision, and core values (13:34)
- Having all-staff quarterly meetings called state of the organization meetings (14:34)
- How Compass’ culture improved after their first BCWI survey (19:38)
- What Ryan has been learning of Jesus in turbulent times (25:54)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.
Follow our Host
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on Twitter https://twitter.com/allopus
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/allopus/
Email our host at firstname.lastname@example.org