Thanks for joining us on Season 5 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
If the current COVID-19 crisis has challenged you as a leader, then the next few minutes are for you. In the midst of a crisis, there’s a way you can lead through uncertainty. Today’s podcast will equip and inspire you to rise up, not shrink back. Learn how, next!
Listen to the Audio
It’s my pleasure to welcome back one of the most popular guests on the podcast—Jeff Lockyer, ?Lead Pastor?at?Southridge Community Church? in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada.
In a season of uncertainty, start with what you’re absolutely certain of. Start with what you know for sure.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- “Paying attention to culture is the single most important thing a Christian leader can do” (2:00)
- How to position your church for responding to a crisis (05:25)
- Benefits of a multi-phase approach when dealing with a crisis (06:06)
- Ideas on how to pivot operations in a ministry or missional church (06:54)
- “Ministry is fundamentally relational and incarnational” (11:39)
- Where God is actively moving in the Southridge staff and community (13:13)
- “Crisis doesn’t change much but it clarifies and exacerbates what is already there” (13:31)
- Moving from a barely healthy workplace culture to a flourishing culture (16:45)
- “In a season of uncertainty, start with what you’re absolutely certain of. Start with what you know for sure.” (20:48)
- “Keep it simple. Don’t overcomplicate things.” (21:25)
- What’s essential when it comes to innovation, creativity, and purpose? (25:38)
- A shrink-back mentality versus a rise-up mentality (29:43)
- How to stay spiritually centered and physically healthy (31:30)
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.