Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Sitting across from me, today, is one the most gifted, experienced professionals who really understands how to build a healthy organizational culture. In the next few minutes, he’s going to walk us through a proven strategy designed to help you increase the success of every new employee starting out in your organization. Who wouldn’t want that?
Listen to the Audio
I want to welcome in Chad Carter, Senior Director of Human Resources for The Gideons International. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, The Gideons International focuses on telling people about Jesus through associating together for service, sharing personal testimony, and by providing Bibles, New Testaments, or portions in 95 languages through 200 countries. For the past 7 years, Chad has played a huge leadership role in this legendary ministry organization.
Hi Chad, and welcome to our podcast, today.
Onboarding provides relational connecting points; such as explaining the culture and encouraging relationships.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The critical elements for on-boarding
- Eye-opening on-boarding stories and compelling best practices
- The US has nearly cut unemployment rate in half in 5 years
- Christian ministries experiencing greater challenges in hiring top tier talent
- Up to 20% of employee turnover occurs within the first 45 days of employment
- Key mistakes in on-boarding: overlooking pre-boarding, staying with old methodologies without an online approach, failure to communicate responsibilities, failure to describe culture builder vs. culture buster, failure to deliver performance feedback
- Onboarding provides the strategic, relational connecting points to the organization; such as explaining the culture and encouraging relationships
- Onboarding is about developing the behaviors that will be the foundation of an employee’s long-term success
- 3 clear steps for new hires: Preboarding, Orientation and Onboarding
- Good on-boarding takes patience
- Best practices: Live up to the promises that you made to the new hire, 6 months to 1 year for on-boarding, have written and measurable goals, clear job descriptions
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: A Clear, Wise Onboarding Strategy That Really Works
- Click here to download a free onboarding checklist: 4 Crucial Elements for New Hires
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.