Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today’s podcast is a real treat. Do you wonder if workplace culture should be one of your organization’s core strategic objectives? Well, learn from today’s special guest about treating culture as a strategy for your organization.
Listen to the Audio
Whether you work in a church, parachurch organization, or company, the struggle to communicate can sometimes leave your culture in a painful, frustrating place.
So, What do you do?
Today, it’s a real pleasure to be talking with Jeff Lockyer, Lead Pastor at Southridge Community Church in St Catherines, Ontario, Canada.
Hi Jeff, and welcome to our podcast, today.
BCWI has helped us make culture something that we can develop strategy, action planning, and goals around.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Overcoming the struggle to communicate in your organization
- Leader’s in a church must first experience the kingdom themselves
- You can only lead people into what you are personally experiencing yourself
- Leading people to experience the kingdom of God in their work
- Focus on the greatest bottlenecks or hindrances to experiencing a flourishing culture
- Facts are your friends
- Strategizing around culture
- Make culture something that you can develop action planning and goals around
- Using healthy communication to foster mutual understanding, trust, and productivity
- Fairness is a unifier
- Treat your culture as a strategy that the whole church, across all departments, can rally around
- Relational and organizational glue that will help to face challenges as a team better
- Identify and resolve conflicts much quicker
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Culture as a Strategy for Greater Ministry Impact
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.