Thanks for joining us on The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Do you feel that as Christian leaders our greatest good is cultivating nearness with God? In this episode, we outline three steps to do just that.
Listen to the Audio
My guest today is Ruth Haley Barton. A sought-after teacher, author, retreat leader, and trained spiritual director. She’s one of the leading Christian voices today, for developing a vibrant inner life for Christian leaders. Her most recent book is titled Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership: Seeing God in the Crucible. I can’t wait to hear her insights, stories, and wisdom that speak to a leader’s transformation and how it intersects with an organization’s culture.
The promise land is the nearness of God. Cultivating that nearness is our greatest good as leaders.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Asking yourself, “How is it with your soul?”
- Helping others to enjoy God and enjoying God for yourself
- First step: be honest about how things are. Tell God the truth about how your soul is doing
- Second step: Ask, “What are we going to do about that?”
- Third step: establish sacred rhythms in your life in order to be continually refreshed in God’s presence
- What does it look like when leaders or organizations lose their soul?
- Leadership as intercession
- Discerning at the heart of leadership
Explore Additional Resources
Learn more from Ruth’s book: Strengthening the Soul Your Leadership: Seeing God in the Crucible.
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.