Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
In the next few minutes, you’re going to learn six personal powerful convictions that have turned a church culture and its ministries upside-down.
These six truths are so applicable to almost every church, you’ll say, “Wait, you’re telling our story, our struggles, and our desire to improve the health of our culture.”
The man with the remarkable story to tell is Jeff Lockyer, Lead Pastor at Southridge Community Church in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada.
Listen to the Audio
True, lasting cultural change only happens when there’s significant, supernatural personal change in leaders.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Six layers of growing appreciation of the importance of conviction
- What is a multi site, missional church?
- The importance of culture and strategy
- Culture’s impact on effectiveness in ministry
- Introducing accountability into your church staff culture
- First: You need to focus on the culture to get church work done
- Second: In Kingdom work, people are both loved unconditionally and paid conditionally—a huge cultural analysis for us to get church work done
- Third: Focusing on these five cultural distinctives enabled us to get church work done together
- Discerning your cultural distinctives
- Fourth: Focusing on our workplace culture gets church work done together through people who are engaged
- Measuring your culture with the BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
- Advantages of taking the BCWI Survey multiple times
- Fifth: Engaging your people through helping them realize their potential
- Sixth: True, lasting cultural change only happens when there’s significant, supernatural personal change in leaders
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.