Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus. Today we have the pleasure of visiting with a revered Christian leader who’s going to give you some of the best lessons and winning plans for how a Flourishing staff culture can work for you and your teams AND improve your overall ministry impact. With me today is Jim Tomberlin, Founder and CEO of MultiSite Solutions. Based in Colorado Springs, MultiSite Solutions helps churches develop and implement customized multisite, merger and movement strategies.
Listen to the Audio
Listen in iTunes | Listen in Stitcher Radio | Listen in Google Play Music Jim began his multisite church journey in the mid-1990s when he was the senior pastor of Woodmen Valley Chapel. Since 2005 he has been consulting and coaching churches in developing and implementing multi-campus strategies. He is the author of multiple books, including 125 Tips for MultiSite Churches, Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work, and Church Locality: New Rules for Church Buildings in a Multisite, Church Planting and Giga-Church World.
Smart and secure leaders are willing to look in the mirror to see what needs to be addressed and how to get better.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Effective churches have clarity around their mission, vision and strategy, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are healthy churches.
- Why insight into the health of your team is the key to your ultimate success.
- Smart and secure leaders are willing to take a good look in the mirror to see what needs to be addressed and how we can get better.
- Facts are our friends.
- Speed of the leader, speed of the team, speed of the church.
- Healthy staff, healthy church.
- Implementing several steps to move toward more collaboration by identifying area champions, utilizing focus groups and creating think tanks.
- It boils down to understanding the “why” and “trust” between leaders and staff.
- Senior leadership is ultimately responsible for all the decisions of a church, but they don’t have to make all the decisions or make them in a vacuum.
- When people have a voice in the decision-making process, they have more ownership of the ultimate decision.
- Get healthy, stay healthy.
- Take care of your team, and they will serve their congregations and communities better.
Find out more about Jim’s book: Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE. Fantastic Teams Life-giving Work Outstanding Talent Uplifting Growth Rewarding Compensation Inspirational Leadership Sustainable Strategy Healthy Communication One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post:
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.