Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Outstanding Talent is the third of the eight culture drivers that make up BCWI’s FLOURISH Model. And Outstanding Talent is the focus in our new, ongoing series called “The Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
As a brief reminder, “Outstanding Talent is all about an organization having highly qualified people with the necessary calling, character, competence, chemistry and contribution that lead to the kind of high performance needed to help an organization meet their goals and make a significant mission impact.“
Listen to the Audio
My guest knows all about Outstanding Talent. I want to welcome Dan Busby, President of ECFA, the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, based in Winchester, Virginia in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley.
Dan, I’m so glad you can join us. Welcome to our podcast, today.
We focus on providing an outstanding culture—without a strong culture, other issues pale into insignificance.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The importance of increasing the frequency in meeting with staff
- Initiating monthly meetings to check-in with staff
- Focusing on helping staff use their strengths
- As ECFA’s reputation for excellence has grown, their ability to attract talent has similarly been enhanced.
- How to become a destination organization for people with humility, a commitment to excellence, and a passion to serve Christ-centered organizations
- Treating staff with high respect and take caring of people
- Developing a very generous compensation and fringe benefit structure
- Rewarding staff members who live out an organization’s values
- Without the right people at the board table, governance is impaired
- The “hire slower, fire faster” axiom applies to board members just as it does to engaging staff
- We must slow own and take time to spiritually discern if a board candidate’s strengths, spiritual gifts, and passion are in alignment with our board’s culture and vision.
- Culture has had everything to do with ECFA’s impact and outcomes.
- We focus on providing an outstanding culture—without a strong culture, other issues pale into insignificance.
Buy Dan’s book: Lessons From the Church Boardroom
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: What Most Leaders Don’t Know About Outstanding Talent
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.