Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today we have the very special pleasure of visiting with Doug Mazza, former President and COO of Joni and Friends. How many years will that be for you, Doug, in senior leadership at Joni and Friends?
Listen to the Audio
Doug, I must say your Christian character and seasoned leadership have shined through each and every visit here on the Flourishing Culture Podcast. Year to year, you’ve continued to be one of the most popular guests on our podcast. So, first, I want to acknowledge your years of Christ-like leadership to the growing, worldwide ministry of Joni and Friends. I also want to give you my sincere thanks for sharing with our podcast audience your knowledge, your wisdom and your stories to help leaders build their own flourishing, organizational culture.
People are dying for encouragement; they should be living for encouragement.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The importance of Fantastic Teams
- First, how do you define and create fantastic teams—what are they and why are they absolutely essential to a create a flourishing, healthy culture?
- Second, what is it that every leader must do to cultivate and equip fantastic teams—to advance the mission and vision while at the same time building a healthy culture?
- And third, how do you equip fantastic teams to be nimble and effective to adapt to and navigate the inevitable challenges and change in an organization?
- I find that leading from the front is extremely important.
- Senior leadership needs to be visible, approachable and engaged.
- Be predictable: Do what you say and say what you do
- Equip the team
- Dream big
- Encourage people
- Encourage people some more
- People are dying for encouragement; they should be living for encouragement
- The four pillars of success at Joni and Friends
- Resolving silos within an organization
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: 6 Valuable Steps to Building Fantastic Teams
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.
Follow our Host
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on Twitter https://twitter.com/allopus
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/allopus/
Email our host at firstname.lastname@example.org