Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re doing something a little different that I think will be fun. Our guest, today, is a very popular and respected leader, Steve Macchia. Steve is a well-known author, and founder and president of Leadership Transformations in Lexington, Massachusetts. What Steve has to share with us today about thriving, fantastic teams is pure gold.
Listen to the Audio
Steve is going to share with us the five vital leadership traits of becoming a healthy team.
And what makes this podcast a little different, is that you, the listener, get to eavesdrop on a previous conversation with Steve. We’ve chosen the best of the best from this popular interview where Steve really puts his finger on what goes into productive, life-giving teams in a church, a parachurch organization, and a Christian-led company
A solid team working with the right people who share a common vision and mission can conquer any hill.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Our research at BCWI tells us that the spiritual dimension of leadership is a key aspect of creating effective teams.
- How effective and productive are your teams?
- Do you sense a spiritual vitality in your teams?
- What are you, yourself, as a leader, experiencing, as you care for and shepherd your flock, your teams?
- The definition of Fantastic Teams. Fantastic teams “exemplify a spirit of partnership and collaboration–not?“me” but?“we”–to achieve shared goals and objectives within a department, across departments, or organization wide. Fantastic teams create consensus,?direction and momentum to establish, grow and sustain a flourishing culture.”
- To create fantastic teams, you really need:
- shared common goals and objectives, achieved by people with
- clear roles, working collaboratively and
- leveraging their individual and collective strengths as team members.
- As a leader, you talk a lot about a leader’s priority mission and a leader’s intimacy with God. Why do you place such a high priority on this, and what does it look like in a team environment?
- Five traits of vital leadership.
- At its core, Inspirational Leadership is connected to the leader’s relationship with Christ.
- Inspirational Leadership, which is highly comprised of character facets, is one of the top 2 strongest predictors of employee engagement across all sectors surveyed by BCWI.
- The extent to which a leader exhibits good character and is also competent, and has good chemistry is crucial for Inspirational Leadership.
- Inspirational Leadership beats at the heart of Fantastic Teams.
- How to identify unhealthy teams?
Organizations Mentioned Include:
- Leadership Transformations
- Northwest University
- MultiSite Solutions
- HOPE International
- Crossings Christian School
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: Healthy Teams—An Ingredient for Successful Organizations
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.