Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re continuing our new series on the “Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
Each week, we’re giving you close up look at each of the eight factors that make up what we call The FLOURISH Model. As we go along, you’ll see how each of these eight culture drivers can help every leader, every team, and every organization—from the executive suite to the mail room–build a better, healthier workplace where people flourish, and love to coming to work.
Today, we look at the first of these eight drivers that make up The FLOURISH Model.
The first driver of every flourishing workplace culture is Fantastic Teams.
Listen to the Audio
To give you the best of the best insights, practices and advantages of Fantastic Teams, I want to welcome my guest, Cary Humphries.
Cary is the Central Region Director for the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. He’s a former Chief Operating Officer for the Navigators and has 30 years of sales and management experience with Cargill Incorporated, a leading global agriculture company. He’s got a ton of good insights about how Fantastic Teams are vital to the health of your workplace culture.
It’s hard work to see data on your culture—but it’s transformative.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to build strong, trusting teams
- The consequences of not valuing, much less cultivating, Fantastic Teams, can be steep
- “Three D Approach”: Define, describe, detail
- Fantastic Teams exemplify a spirit of partnership and collaboration–not?“me” but?“we”—to achieve shared goals and objectives within a department, across departments, or organization wide
- Whether we’re talking about a church, a para church organization, or a Christian-led company, Fantastic Teams share some key characteristics
- Traits of unhealthy teams
- By proactively going to people and initiating reconciliation—as leaders, this can model the way forward for an organization.
- Resolving conflict is key to organizational health
- It’s hard work to see data on your culture – but it’s transformative
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: Characteristics of Healthy Teams and Simple Steps to Resolve Conflict
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.