Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Each week in this series, we’re bringing you great stories, practical insights and biblical wisdom from some of today’s top Christian leaders, all designed to help you build and sustain a healthy, flourishing workplace.
That’s our goal, as we take you through the eight drivers?that make up The?FLOURISH Model, the cornerstone of BCWI’s global consulting work?with?more than 1,000?Christian organizations in the U.S., Canada, and around the world.?
Listen to the Audio
Today, we look at the second, critical driver in The FLOURISH Model called Life-Giving Work.
My guest, today, exemplifies the meaning of Life-Giving Work. Bob Lonac, Retired President and CEO of CRISTA, based in the Seattle suburb of Shoreline, Washington, it’s a delight to have you as part of our new, continuing podcast series.
My passion has been to build a highly professional organization that at the same time is filled with the aroma of Christ.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Understanding how employees experience their work place is critical.
- The Best Christian Workplace gives us a wide and deep look around all the statistically important areas of employee engagement.
- We can’t work on what we don’t understand.
- Leaders define reality and we don’t see things from others point of view until they tell us.
- Life-Giving Work?is that?which is full of meaning and has significance or purpose that is life-giving.?It’s work?that’s inspirational–when staff are devoted to their roles and?are able to?utilize their skills and spiritual gifts, they love working in the organization.??
- Employees love to feel they are making an important contribution to our mission. They join a mission because they want to make a difference in God’s work.
- What is one the most important things any leader can do to cultivate and strengthen Life-Giving Work in their organization?
- You have to be a transformed person yourself in order to create a transformed workplace.
- What is life-giving about the 360 review in context of the desire to grow as a leader?
- The secret sauce for developing a strong board
- You have to grow a professional and effective ministry to attract a great board
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: 3 Lessons to Enhance Life-Giving Work for Leaders
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.