Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
Are you looking for a few powerful tips on how to improve the health of your workplace culture? Well, today’s show is an interview with a president who has created one of the most Flourishing cultures we’ve seen in the past few years. All while seeing great ministry growth. Stay tuned to learn how!
Listen to the Audio
Every week, 126 new children in Georgia are removed from their homes and placed into the state’s foster care system due to abuse, neglect, addictions, violence, and more.
Enter FaithBridge Foster Care, in Alpharetta, Georgia just north of Atlanta. As you’re about to hear, this amazing ministry organization is transforming the lives of children who’ve suffered abuse and neglect.
We’re so fortunate to have with us Bob Bruder-Mattson, the President and CEO of FaithBridge Foster Care. Bob, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
It became clear to me that FaithBridge couldn’t accomplish all that God has called us to do if we didn’t have a healthy culture.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Bob’s personal adoption story (02:35)
- Love and putting others first in your workplace culture (03:54)
- How Bob began to desire God’s very best for their workplace culture. What encouraged Bob from the first BCWI survey results that showed FaithBridge to be a good, healthy culture with room to improve (05:05)
- An action-step strategy that began to strengthen and improve FaithBridge’s culture (06:56)
- Using a balanced scorecard approach to measure and monitor performance (07:18)
- “The survey results confirmed that our efforts were paying off in several areas which was reinforcing to me and our leaders. It also validated that we needed to keep working to improve some areas.” (10:19)
- In 2020, Faith Bridge’s culture had grown healthier into solidly Flourishing. FaithBridge had risen to the top 4% of all the hundreds of organizations we surveyed in 2020 (12:43)
- In the survey results, the two most popular words used to describe FaithBridge’s culture were the words “Christ” and “prayer.” Bob tells us how Christ and prayer define their thriving, flourishing workplace culture(19:06)
- “I may be the President & CEO of FaithBridge, but we are all following Christ and where he leads us. A few years ago, we started having a weekly time of prayer and devotions on Friday mornings for anyone in the office.” (19:30)
- Bob’s greatest desire for FaithBridge and for his leadership as he steps into 2021 (22:47)
- “I’d like to find more ways to help our team members feel like there is a way to continuing growing and advancing in their careers and personal development.” (23:27)
- “Having clearly defined objectives, a well thought out plan where everyone on the team knows what is expected of them, and the resources/tools to be successful is very important.” (27:54)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.
Follow our Host
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on Twitter https://twitter.com/allopus
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/allopus/
Email our host at firstname.lastname@example.org