Thanks for joining us on Season 6 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI CEO, Al Lopus.
What are the trends to focus on in the next few months? In today’s episode, we discuss key trends that are impacting the Christian workplace. Listen in as Tami Heim identifies the top three Christian workplace issues leaders are facing.
Listen to the Audio
Suppose I told you that right now, there are three noticeable trends that point to three barriers preventing your organization from fulfilling its outcomes.
Name and overcome these barriers, and your outcomes become more within reach. My guest can help you do just that.
I’m delighted to welcome Tami Heim, President, and CEO of the Christian Leadership Alliance. Tami, always great to visit with you. Welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
What’s important for ministries is to be intentional about the construct they create to develop their leadership pipelines within the organization.”
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Why has the word “outcomes” become synonymous with Christian Leaders Alliance? (02:11)
- “The Alliance is a diverse community that shares a common kingdom outcome—no matter what type of nonprofit, church, educational institution or business is in the community, the ultimate outcome we seek is to advance the Gospel and accelerate the second coming of Christ.” (02:16)
- A story of a CLA member organization that’s experienced a huge outcome by engaging with peers in a community (04:33)
- At the start of the year, BCWI pinpointed seven emerging workplace culture trends. Here are three: (06:51)
- Decentralized / hybrid virtual workplaces are here to stay
- 1-1 meetings are key to your team’s success.
- More organizations are going digital for continuous learning and development.
- There’s connectivity between all of these challenges (08:16)
- “People do have to rethink what it means to work, manage, and lead without ‘being there’ and that puts an increased load on the need for more one-on-one communication.” (08:38)
- One-on-one meetings are essential. The personal touch matters (09:48)
- Being fully present is a gift we can give that has an invaluable return (10:03)
- Online learning is a natural extension of all the other things we do online (11:05)
- “What’s important for ministries is to be intentional about the construct they create to develop their leadership pipelines within the organization.” (11:42)
- Three emerging issues on the horizon that could seriously keep Christian organizations from fulfilling their targeted outcomes (12:50)
- How they choose to embrace what technology makes possible (13:05)
- Recruiting talent and retaining them (13:28)
- Understanding diversity and inclusion (13:41)
- There’s a big opportunity when it comes to embracing what technology makes possible (14:24)
- Fundraising is a ministry that is extremely relational; how do you maintain those connections online? (14:47)
- “We have to become much more digitally savvy so we can meet Gen Z where they are and extend the invitation.” (16:00)
- Remote working removes boundaries to recruiting great talent (19:32)
- Talent will rise to the top (19:48)
- Nonprofit organizations will be diligently working to make sure that they have the right culture and environment (19:55)
- Organizations should be thinking about what’s valuable to employees (20:07)
- Organizations need to nurture and develop their talent to make sure they are effective in subsequent years (20:51)
- “We have to be on point, manning our post because we are agents of truth, light, and hope.” (22:48)
- “The opportunity to share the gospel is greater than it’s ever been” (22:55)
- “In the topic of diversity and inclusion, we have to be intentional and thoughtful.” (23:49)
- Being strong in the spiritual dimension is important (27:25)
- Leaders are tired (27:35)
- “The disciplines of silence, solitude, and prayer are important. Because we have to hear from God. We need this infilling of the Holy Spirit every day to guide us, to counsel us, and to comfort us.” (28:49)
Download BCWI’s four-page guide for inspirational leadership in crisis for FREE.
Read the Transcript
Read a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.
Follow our Host
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on Twitter https://twitter.com/allopus
Follow our Host, Al Lopus, on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/allopus/
Email our host at firstname.lastname@example.org