Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast, brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re going to look at Uplifting Growth, which is the fourth in the eight drivers that can take the health of your workplace culture to the next level.
Uplifting Growth is all about improving the performance of individuals, groups and the overall organization
Listen to the Audio
My guest, today, knows Uplifting Growth inside and out. His character, leadership, and convictions are going to give you some fresh, new insights on how to improve and strengthen your own workplace culture.
With that, I want to welcome in one of the most popular guests on the podcast, Jeff Lockyer, Lead Pastor of Southridge Community Church in St. Catharines, Ontario.
Be as true to yourself and what you feel as possible—i.e. don’t hide your truest feelings from your people.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to clarify individual performance management relationships with regular one-on-one check-ins as well as a variety of team meetings.
- Grow your capacity to provide feedback to one another—both together as a team and individually through the one-on-one performance management relationships.
- Be as true to yourself and what you feel as possible—i.e. don’t hide your truest feelings from your people.
- What starts as lack of feedback & accountability leads to lack of clarity on roles, which leads to erosion of trust which is the biggest killer of all
- Effective, practical ways to encourage and champion professional, personal and spiritual development of your people
- “Culture is the most important thing a Christian leader should focus on.”
- When you consider what changing a culture requires, it’s the work of God in you.
- Considering how God wants to work (inside out), that’s where any work through you starts.
- Considering leadership is inviting others into what you’re experiencing, it’s essential for credibility.
- So everything about changing culture requires God’s Kingdom to come and His will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven—in you.
- This is the baseline of what Kingdom work is, so there’s nothing more important a Christian leader could focus on.
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: A Simple Three-Step Strategy for Talent Management
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.