Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Are you experiencing a siloed culture where fruitful communication between departments is minimal at best? In his 17 years as president of Lancaster Bible College, Dr. Peter Teague has worked to overcome this very challenge. Today, their culture is marked by transparency, openness, honesty and collaboration. Join us as Peter shares the unique DNA at the heart of their flourishing culture.
Listen to the Episode
Lancaster Bible College exists to educate Christian students to think and live in a biblical worldview and to proclaim Christ by serving Him in the church and society. Peter is one of the most influential leaders among Bible colleges and has played a key role in Lancaster Bible College’s growth. He has also played a broader role on the board of the Association of Biblical Higher Education and in mentoring other leaders.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Lancaster’s cultural DNA:
- Devotion: Each faculty and staff person is devoted to God, and therefore we work as unto the Lord.
- Need: We are interdependent upon each other, and we work in a collaborative and communicative manner.
- Anything: Whatever is required to serve students, advance the mission and get the job done is part of our job description.
- How Lancaster lives and breathes their DNA every day
- Culture change starts at the top with an open door policy
- Good ideas come from the bottom up
- Peter’s “red envelope” initiative: Every employee receives a red envelope from Peter. They know they can write a note and place it in the red envelope, and it will go directly to Peter alone.
- Nothing beats personal interaction over technology
- Employees are highly motivated when their leaders really care for their well being.
A healthy culture is fostered by the word “caring.”
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about Lancaster Bible College: lbc.edu
- Find Lancaster Bible College on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Find Peter on LinkedIn
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.