Thanks for joining us today as we kick off Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! In our listener survey last fall, the number one topic you were interested in hearing about is how to build a trust-based culture.
Listen to the Episode
Today, our Communications Coordinator, Rachel Large, is putting Al in the hot seat to teach us how to create trust in the workplace. He’ll share practical tactics you can implement today t0 create a more efficient team and greater ministry impact.
Plus, get a peek behind the curtain and hear from a BCWI employee about what it’s really like to work at the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. And hear a recap of our last fiscal year – these are exciting times at BCWI!
Leaders: Have the courage to measure the level of trust in your organization and then take action on the results.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why trust scores are lower in Christian workplaces than in secular workplaces
- What exactly is trust?
- Three keys to building trust with your team:
- Achieve Results by following through on commitments
- Cultivate Integrity by behaving in a consistent manner
- Demonstrate Concern by respecting the well-being of others
- Trust-building communication tactics
- Ken Blanchard’s ABCD Model of Trust: Able, Believable, Connected, Dependable
- Why trust is the foundation for a flourishing workplace culture
Explore Additional Resources
- Find Al on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Find BCWI on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about BCWI: bcwinstitute.org
- Learn more in our blog post: 5 Practical Principles for a Trust-Based Culture
- Al shares BCWI’s history on a previous episode: Episode 30: 8 Factors of a Flourishing Culture
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Speed of Trust by Stephen MR Covey
- Trust In The Balance by Robert Shaw
- Trust Works by Ken Blanchard, Cynthia Olmstead, and Martha Lawrence
- 5 Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.