Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! One of the most remarkable cultural transformations we’ve seen comes from one of the oldest and most revered Chrisitan ministries. In the past 6 years, Craig Warner, Executive Director of The Gideons International, has moved their workplace culture from toxic to one that’s very healthy. Today, we’re going to learn about a few of the steps they took to accomplish this remarkable feat.
Listen to the Audio
Starting in 1908 as an association of Christian businessmen placing Bibles in hotel rooms,The Gideons International has expanded dramatically, placing more than two billion Bibles and Scripture portions in more than 95 languages around the globe.
Even though the survey results were not pretty, I felt both pain and excitement. Our future was ahead of us.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Updating your compensation policies
- Creating a compelling work environment
- Incorporating your core values into daily devotional time
- Investing in your team for as long as God allows them to work with you
- Redefining your hiring process
- How it feels as a leader to hear difficult feedback
- How awareness of your leadership tendencies can positively influence your family relationships
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about The Gideons: gideons.org
- Find The Gideons on Facebook and Twitter
- Find Craig on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: 3 Strategies to Help Your Employees Love Coming to Work
- Learn more about The Gideons’ hiring process in Chad Carter’s podcast: 6 Steps to a 90% Hiring Success Rate
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Dig deeper with our hiring toolkit,
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.