Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! If you were a new leader in an organization, what would be an important first step to create a healthier culture? Today’s guest started with creating core values to take his church’s culture to the next level.
Listen to the Audio
Join us for a conversation with Doug Sauder, the Lead Pastor of Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale. Doug found himself in this role after a surprise transition and was faced with multiple challenges all at once, including a staff culture that was in a critical moment. Listen in to see how one key initiative became the difference-maker that really improved Calvary’s staff culture.
Building culture is hard work, but it’s worth the effort.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Rebuilding church culture after a crisis
- Involving your team in creating core values
- Communicating core values to create ownership and buy-in
- Identifying values that exemplify your culture vs. aspirational values you hope will develop
- Celebrating when people live out core values
Explore Additional Resources
- See Calvary Chapel’s seven core values and the behaviors that define each one
- Read John Ortberg’s book, Soul-Keeping: Caring for the Most Important Part of You, an essential resource in Calvary Chapel’s process of embracing and modeling its core values.
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Could These 7 Core Values Help Save Your Culture?
- Learn more about Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.