Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Jesus calls us to be all about love. But how do we practically live this out in our workplaces – in what we believe about others, how we treat others, who we hire, and so on?
Listen to the Audio
In January 2014, Cherry Hills Community Church faced the reality of a weakened and toxic staff culture. How did they go from siloed teams, low trust and suspicion of motives among staff members to a “flourishing culture” in the top 10% of churches that have surveyed with BCWI? Here to tell us about this remarkable transformation is Executive Pastor Rebekah Layton.
Who our church becomes tomorrow is who our staff is today.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Breaking down siloed mentalities and working toward cross-departmental teamwork
- Battling suspicion of others’ motives among staff
- Centering your mission and culture around love
- Behavioralizing love in the daily decisions we make
- Creating a staff covenant
- The impact on your culture of a unified strategic plan
- Aligning your hiring process and performance evaluation program
Explore Additional Resources
- Trust. Vs. Suspicion by Andy Stanley
- StratOp Strategic Planning Process
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murphy
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: What Four-Letter Word Can Improve Your Culture?
- Find Rebekah on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Learn more about Cherry Hills Community Church
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Building culture is a spiritual discipline because it begins in every leader’s heart.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.