Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church or your company. Brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute.
When it comes to transforming an organization’s culture, there are inspirational stories, unique comeback stories and memorable stories. The story you’re going to hear over these next few minutes is ALL of these things—inspirational, unique, memorable—and more.
Listen to the Audio
Today, we have the pleasure of visiting with Gary Lausch, Vice President of Human Resources at ELIC – English Language Institute of China. ELIC is based in Fort Collins, Colorado. Since 1981, ELIC has trained English teachers to work with educational partners in more than 16 countries.
We all succeed or fail together–not as individual mangers or as departments but as an organization whole.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Building and leading team leaders
- Overcoming day to day challenges of making an organization run
- Resolving a crisis mode of operation
- Take the courageous step of asking what our employees think
- Ask hard questions about your organization’s culture
- How to let your staff know that you genuinely want their opinion
- How to transition well when an organization has to move locations
- How to handle the impact of turnover on your culture
- How to relieve change induced stress in your culture
- The benefits of focus group sessions
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Are Your People Starving for These 3 Workplace Desires?
- Learn more about English Language Institute of China
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Click here to learn more!
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.