Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church or your company. Brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute.
It always gives us great joy when we see a Christian organization make a significant improvement in their culture and reach the flourishing level. Today, you’re going to hear an inspiring story that will give you some powerful, practical approaches you can use to improve the health of your culture.
Listen to the Audio
We have the pleasure of visiting with Sam Barfell, Superintendent of Southside Christian School in Simpsonville, South Carolina. Southside Christian school includes Pre-K to 12th grade. Southside Christian School’s purpose is to “partner with Christian parents to provide an excellent education consistent with biblical truth.”
As leaders, we literally talked, prayed and grew together in being transparent and leading from a point of humility.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to use data to formally assess your organization’s culture
- How to bust silos and become one unified system
- Strategies on how to move from healthy to flourishing culture
- How to develop departmental goals
- How multiple employee engagement surveys can lead to flourishing culture
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: How to Bust Silos and Build Your Culture with Christlike Humility
- Learn more about Patrick Lindsey’s book The Advantage
- Learn more about Dr. Henry Cloud’s book Boundaries from Leaders
- Learn more about Dr. Dan Allender’s book Leading with a Limp
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.