Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today is a celebration for me, personally. As we read in scripture, when a person comes to faith in Christ, the angels celebrate. Well, I believe the same is true when a toxic workplace culture of a Christian organization changes for the better and becomes healthy. This is especially true in Christian higher education.
Ten years ago, I sat across from the table from a new university President and said something I almost never say to a leader I’ve had the privilege to serve. I said, “Joseph, given the serious current challenges, I don’t know if it’s possible to change the faculty and staff culture of your University.”
Listen to the Audio
Yet, here we are, a decade later celebrating the dramatic change in the healthy faculty and staff culture at Northwest University in the neighboring Seattle city of Kirkland, Washington.
Dr. Joseph Castleberry, the President of Northwest University. It’s a real honor to have you with us today. Welcome to the Flourishing Culture podcast.
It’s crucial for leaders to focus on removing impediments that keep them from being their best self.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to build trust in a toxic workplace culture
- How to maintain a healthy culture in a fast moving organization
- The benefits of community reconciliation
- How to develop a simple seven-point plan for culture change
- How to develop titles that are descriptive and promote trust
- Benefits of a community covenant that describes how team members communicate
- How to hire staff that fit well
- How to recognize people who go out of their way
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: How 6 Wise Commitments Can Re-start Your Culture
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.