Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
One of the keys to organizational success is Fantastic Teams that work effectively cross-functionally—and one of the keys to Fantastic Teams is breaking down silos that can needlessly weaken the health of your workplace culture.
Here, to share with us how to break down silos—and improve your culture in other clear, practical ways—is Doug Mazza, President of Joni and Friends.
Listen to the Audio
Hi Doug and welcome to our podcast, today.
In a Christian organization, a Christian culture should be our distinct competitive advantage.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why is culture so important in an organizational?
- How to build strong cross functional teams
- Four pillars of leadership: Lead like Jesus, integration, excellence in your area of expertise, Best Christian Workplaces Institute
- Benefits of departmental overlap
- Silos is the natural status of things without applying any effort
- Integration according to the Scriptures Romans 15:5
- Integration is a higher form of teamwork
- How to carry out a strategic planning process
- The value of using smart goals
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Making Silos Extinct in Your Organization!
- Find out more about Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges’s resource: Lead Like Jesus
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.