Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re continuing our new series on the “Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
Each week, we’re giving you a close-up look at each of the eight factors that make up we call The FLOURISH Model. In the next few minutes, you’ll see how The FLOURISH Model is key to building a healthier workplace culture that leads to greater organizational impact.
Listen to the Audio
In this podcast, we look at the second of the eight drivers that make up The FLOURISH Model. The second culture driver is called Life-Giving Work, and my guest has plenty to share with you about how Life-Giving Work is a key driver to help improve—and even transform–your workplace culture.
Today we have the pleasure of talking with Vann Ellison, CEO?of ?St. Matthew’s House, in Naples Florida.
Vann, welcome back to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Scripture is a guide to make work meaningful.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Is the work at your organization life-giving work?
- God getting engaged in the lives of people
- Scriptures as a guide to make work meaningful
- How to deal with difficult things with a really enthusiastic approach
- How to deal with a lack of unity
- Having staff meetings to discuss, “why are we here?”
- Connecting the work to the mission and purpose
- The further a job role is from the mission, the less joyful it is
- Vocation as a sacred calling
- Helping employees to feel trusted and respected
- Unhealthy characteristics that hinder life-giving work
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post: 3 Secrets Successful Leaders Use to Cultivate Life-Giving Work
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.