Thanks for joining us on Season 4 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
Today, we’re continuing our new series on the “Eight Ways to Build a Flourishing Workplace Culture.”
Each week, we’re giving you a close-up look at one of the eight factors that make up what we call The FLOURISH Model. In the next few minutes, you’ll see how the FLOURISH Model is key to building a healthier workplace culture that leads to greater organizational impact.
Today, we look at the second of the eight drivers that make up The FLOURISH Model. It’s called Life-Giving Work.
Listen to the Audio
If you want to see how Life-Giving Work can help transform your culture, all you need to do is listen to the insights, wisdom and stories of my guest, today:
Paul MacDonald, Headmaster of Crossings Christian School in Oklahoma City.
Paul, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast.
Be grateful for the people God has allowed you to lead, and regularly express that gratitude to them and to the Lord.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Defining what Life-Giving Work is all about and why it matters.
- Life-Giving Work is one of the most important predictors of employee engagement across all industries, along with Inspirational Leadership!
- When work is life-giving, engagement is strong and often employees can’t even imagine doing any other kind of work or working at any other organization.
- A governing board that is remarkable in support for staff
- Leveraging the knowledge that organizations are only as good as their weakest link
- Being intentional about getting the best people available
- Remember to be grateful for the people God has allowed you to lead, and regularly express that gratitude to them, to others, and to the Lord.
- How Fantastic Teams and Outstanding Talent are related to Life-Giving Work
Download the 8 Drivers Reference Guide for FREE.
One or more of these eight measures of workplace culture is either strengthening (or weakening) your organization right now.
Read the Post
Read the blog post:
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Al would love to address your questions about creating a flourishing workplace culture. Send an email to AskAl@bcwinstitute.org
The BCWI Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.