Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast. It’s an exciting week here at BCWI! Tomorrow, we will be announcing our new list of 2016 Certified Best Christian Workplaces. In honor of our announcement, we’re flipping the script on this week’s podcast. Al has invited two of our BCWI team members on the show to interview him! Joining us today are Amy Nagley and Rachel Large, to talk about what it takes to become a Certified organization and what factors define a truly flourishing workplace culture.
Amy is a Ph.D. Candidate from Seattle Pacific University’s Industrial & Organizational Psychology department. She is working with us to analyze and statistically validate our FLOURISH culture measurement model. And Rachel is our Social Media Assistant, who helps bring this podcast to you each week, along with publishing our blog and managing our social media presence.
Listen to the Audio
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Al’s personal faith journey and professional background, and how together, these paths lead him to co-found BCWI
- The importance of building a healthy workplace culture
- The difference between a happy vs. healthy employee
- Digging into the BCWI Employee Engagement Survey: what it is, how it’s implemented, and how it works
- The criteria for becoming a Certified Best Christian Workplace
- A big announcement from BCWI: A peek inside Al’s forthcoming book, The Road to Flourishing
Al and Amy discuss each of the 8 factors the Survey measures:
- Fantastic Teams
- Life-Giving Work
- Outstanding Talent
- Uplifting Growth and Development
- Rewarding Compensation
- Inspirational Leadership
- Sustainable Strategy and
- Healthy Communication
Be sure to visit our blog tomorrow to see the full list of 2016 Certified Best Christian Workplaces. These are organizations that have participated in our Employee Engagement Survey over the last six months and meet predefined standards of excellence. Congratulations in advance to those organizations who have earned this distinguished honor!
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about the Employee Engagement Survey: bcwinstitute.com/survey
- Read more about the 8 Factors of a Flourishing Workplace
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.