Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Over the last 5 years, Pantano Christian Church has experienced a 200% increase in employee engagement. Today, 9 out of every 10 staff love coming to work. That’s 90% employee engagement vs. 52% engagement for the typical Christian organization.
Listen to the Audio
Here to tell us how they did it is Glen Elliott, Lead Pastor of Pantano Christian Church in Tucson, Arizona. Tune in to hear how their team has pulled together to create a catalytic force for good in the world.
When you’ve got a healthy staff, it’s fun coming to work!
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- What to do when you know your culture is unhealthy
- Focusing on a few things at a time to see success over a 5-year period
- How to hire well and let go of people who are holding you back
- Practical tips for improving communication between executive leadership and their teams
- Collaborating before the plans are made
- Creating processes for feedback at every level
Feedback, when received well and acted upon, builds trust.
Explore Additional Resources
- Read The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
- Read Who by Geoff Smart and Randy Street for practical hiring practices
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: 5 Courageous Moves to Spark a Winning Culture
- Learn more about Pantano Christian Church
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.