Thanks for joining us on Season 3 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast , brought to you by The Best Christian Workplaces Institute. You’ll learn how to build a flourishing workplace culture that drives the ministry impact of your organization, your church, or your company, brought to you by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Now here’s your host, BCWI president, Al Lopus.
We’re often asked, are there better times than others to start measuring the health of your staff culture? We believe one of the best times is when there is a transition to a new top leader. Today we will find out if that’s true, even if your father was the previous leader!
Seacoast Church in Charleston, South Carolina, is known as one of the most innovative churches around and is often credited with being the first multisite church in the country.
Greg Suratt is Seacoast’s Founding Pastor and is now leading the Association of Related Churches known as (ARC).
Listen to the Audio
Today we have the pleasure to talking with Greg’s son, Josh Surratt, who is Lead Pastor at Seacoast Church. And with Josh is his wife, Lisa Surratt, who serves as Seacoast’s Director of Culture.
Josh, Lisa, welcome to the Flourishing Culture Podcast!
Today, every voice in our organization is represented at the executive team level.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The importance of focusing on culture as a staff
- BCWI as a tool to discover where you are as a culture
- Overcoming the fear of taking an engagement survey
- How to communicate well across a large organization
- Clarifying your mission statement and goals
- How to communicate the survey data to your staff
- Be transparent and honest
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about BCWI Engagement Survey
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: Ten Valuable Pearls That Will Actually Improve Your Culture
Read The Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of episode here
Employee Engagement Survey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.