Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Recently, we asked ministry CEOs and senior pastors what topics they would enjoy and value most on our podcast. You know what they told us? The top leaders in Christian organizations said they wanted to learn more about developing their own spiritual life and how it impacts their leadership. And that’s why we think you’re going to enjoy today’s guest.
Today, it’s our pleasure to talk with Elisa Morgan. We first met Elisa when she was the president of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) International, a role she served in for 20 years. MOPS was certified as a Best Christian Workplace, and Elisa was one of our “Outstanding Leaders” as she led MOPS in its growth from 350 to more than 4,000 groups around the world.
After ‘retiring’ from MOPS, Elisa has continued to influence and mentor leaders in ministry. She has served on the Boards of ECFA and Denver Seminary. She’s a sought-after speaker, radio show co-host, on-line magazine publisher, and author of over twenty-five books on spiritual formation, evangelism and mothering.
Listen in as Elisa shares about her own personal journey of spiritual growth, and how she learned to lead authentically – deficit-to-deficit – allowing God to use her brokenness.
Listen to the Audio
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Moving from a grassroots volunteer organization to a formalized nonprofit
- Developing an annual theme as a national rallying call for both paid staff and volunteer leaders
- Praying that your employees’ time at your organization would be personally and spiritually redemptive
- Developing your own spiritual growth as a leader
- How spiritual disciplines ebb and flow throughout your life
- Authentic leadership: ministering on a platform of vulnerability
- Making your plan and presenting your offering, but then putting it in God’s hands in obedience
- Doing your “soul homework” to ensure you’re reproducing health in yourself and others
Get to know the God that is I AM in your every minute – your breathe-in-breathe-out oxygen.
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about Elisa at elisamorgan.com.
- Find Elisa on Facebook and Twitter
- Learn more about MOPS: mops.org
- Read more about our interview on last week’s blog post: Elisa Morgan’s 3 Questions to Reignite Your Calling
- Watch Elisa on Our Daily Bread Ministries’ Discover the Word live Bible study.
- Elisa mentions her book, The Beauty of Broken, in discussing authentic leadership.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.