Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast! How do we develop the kind of Christian character that builds a healthy, even flourishing, organizational culture? This is the question we are often asked by executives in Christian organizations who want to build their ministry’s inspirational leadership.
Today, we’re going to talk with a leader who looks to answer that question every day. Doug Nuenke is the U.S. President of The Navigators, a large ministry known for establishing life-on-life discipling relationships and equipping people to make an impact on those around them for God’s glory. He’s also the author of the books Making Waves: Being an Influence for Jesus in Everyday Life and Five Traits of a Christ-Follower.
Listen to the Audio
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Determining your cultural strengths and opportunities using objective feedback rather than your own perception
- Encouraging your employees’ independence without creating a silo mentality
- How to live in the balance of processes and systems without squelching innovation
- Starting team meetings with Scripture that prompt questions about our own leadership
- Processes to retain and promote your most capable staff
- The Navigators’ Leader Development Institute:
- A 2 year program that includes gatherings, mentor relationships and cohort learning communities
- Goal is to tease out developmental opportunities and gaps
- Identify leaders who could one day have a national role
- Includes modules on leading change, collaboration, team building, leading out of the Scriptures, systems, strategy and development, and more
- Assignments based around current work tasks and challenges
As a leader for the sake of Jesus, I can only lead out of the overflow of a deep walk with Him.
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Explore Additional Resources
- Find Doug on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about The Navigators: navigators.org
- Find The Navigators on Facebook and Twitter
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: 4 Character-Builders to Sharpen Your Leadership
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.