Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast! How does a ministry build a flourishing staff culture in the midst of rapid growth? In today’s episode, BCWI President Al Lopus is speaking with Jesse Casler and David Wasik of HOPE International, a microfinance institution focused on serving the poorest areas in the world.
Listen to the Audio
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How growth is an outcome of Christ-centeredness, excellence and quality
- Maintaining a sense of mission as your organization grows
- How the BCWI Employee Engagement Survey acts as a guide to “speak truth in love”
- Developing top talent, succession planning and promoting from within
- Rewarding top performers with more authority and decision-making
- How admitting and engaging mistakes can pay dividends with your team and donors
- Resolving challenges and improving communication between the field and central office
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about HOPE International: www.hopeinternational.org
- Follow HOPE International at @HOPEtweets
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.
Al Lopus is the cofounder and president at Best Christian Workplaces Institute. He is an organizational culture and leadership consultant, coach, speaker and author. Follow Al on Twitter and LinkedIn.