Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Today, we’re exploring a foundational theme for building and maintaining a flourishing culture: TRUST. BCWI President Al Lopus is speaking with Dan Busby, president of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). In his new book, Trust: The Firm Foundation of Kingdom Fruitfulness, Busby explores the role trust plays in Christian organizations.
Listen to the Audio
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Busby’s key principle: Trusted Governance + Trusted Resource Raising + Trusted Resource Management = Elevated Kingdom Outcomes
- How organizations change from low trust to high trust
- Changing policies, practices and players and adding time and patience to rebuild trust
Outcomes of high-trust leadership:
- High-quality givers, volunteers and board members
- God honors trust in organizations and blesses them
- Keeping Jesus Christ on center stage
Outcomes of a toxic, low-trust culture:
- Internal dissension that divides a ministry against itself
- Disengagement that causes staff to work in silos
- Disproportionately high turnover
- Fraud as low trust can encourage small theft and then snowball
- Dishonesty when employees fear speaking the truth
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about ECFA: http://www.ecfa.org
- Read about the importance of trust in Busby’s book: Trust: The Firm Foundation of Kingdom Fruitfulness
- Discussed in this episode: The SPEED of Trust by Stephen Covey
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.