Welcome to The Flourishing Culture Podcast! Our question today is a broad one: As Christian leaders, how can we most effectively achieve our organizations’ calling and purpose in these rapidly changing times? Today, Al is talking with Tami Heim, the President and CEO of Christian Leadership Alliance. Prior to CLA, Tami held key executive positions in Christian publishing after nearly 20 years as a Retail Industry executive, including a stint as the President of Borders. Listen in as Al and Tami cover a wide range of topics facing Christian leaders today.
Listen to the Audio
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The state of Christian ministries from Tami’s perspective: the major challenges and trends facing both big and small organizations
- How passion and calling sets ministries apart from every other industry
- How tensions in today’s world are shaping and strengthening Christian ministries
- Jesus’ model for leadership: setting expectation, giving clear direction, what outcomes to expect, what happens when people listen and respond and when they don’t
- How Tami leveraged staff engagement to achieve high gains for Borders during the 2008 economic downturn
- Creating a “President’s Council” of top performers across the organization to identify issues, innovate and empower them to make changes
- Committing ourselves to the daily discipline of spending time before God in the Word to fundamentally shape our leadership perspective
- Tami’s 7 Communication Habits for top leaders and front-line employees
- Progress on Christian organizations’ view of women in ministry leadership roles
Explore Additional Resources
- Find Tami on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about the Christian Leadership Alliance: www.christianleadershipalliance.org
- Find CLA on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.