Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! How can leaders build a culture of trust and open communication? Today, it’s our pleasure to welcome Bob Lonac, President and Chief Executive Officer of CRISTA. The number one strength CRISTA scored on the BCWI Employee Engagement Survey is trust. And right there with trust, CRISTA is also very strong when it comes to healthy communication.
Listen to the Audio
CRISTA is a large group of seven thriving and distinctive ministries, whose mission is “to love God by serving people.” Located in the Seattle area, CRISTA has over 1,000 employees serving people worldwide. Their ministries include Christian schools, international development, senior living and broadcast media.
The hardest person you have to lead is yourself. You have to be it before you can lead it.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- There’s no substitute for knowing people and being known by them.
- When leaders live out the organization’s values, the behaviors will trickle down.
- Building trust to establish an open door policy
- How to work on hearing the truth from those closest to you first
- Developing your top leadership through the Lead Like Jesus curriculum
Explore Additional Resources
- Learn more about CRISTA: crista.org
- Find CRISTA on Facebook and Twitter
- Find Bob on LinkedIn
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: How To Let the Aroma of Christ Transform Your Culture
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
We’re not just building a nice culture. We are aligning with the work of Christ, which drives our ministry results.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.