Thanks for joining us on Season 2 of The Flourishing Culture Podcast! “It’s great to work in your area of passion, but it can become toxic if you don’t have some boundaries.” These are the words of today’s guest, Dave Ferguson, the Lead Pastor of Community Christian Church, with 10 locations across the Chicagoland area.
Listen to the Audio
For the church to advance the way God meant for it to, we need to be doing life the way God meant for us to.
Often ministry staff are deeply passionate about their organization’s mission, and they’re willing to work so hard toward it that life can sometimes get out of balance. Tune in to this conversation to hear the innovative ways Dave and his leadership team are encouraging and even incentivizing healthy habits.
When Community’s staff are able to flourish at home, their ministry outcomes have soared as well. The evidence? In 2016, they celebrated more baptisms than ever before.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Teaching on the biblical principle of Sabbath at staff meetings
- Incentivizing staff to completely unplug on vacation
- Importance of benefits in a compensation package
- Providing a good work-life balance allows your staff to be good spouses and parents
Explore Additional Resources
- Dave is the author of five books, including Finding Your Way back to God: Five Awakenings to Your New Life, and his most recent book, Staring Over: Your Life Beyond Regrets.
- Learn more on last week’s blog post: 5 Action Steps to Transform Your Culture’s Health in 1 Year
- Learn more about Community Christian Church
Read the Transcript
Download a complete, word-for-word transcript of the episode here.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. By doing so, you will help spread our podcast to more listeners, and thereby help more Christian workplaces learn to build flourishing cultures.